Saturday, June 23, 2012

A minor breakthrough

So it's been a couple days since my last post, lets get the recap out of the way before I go any further

I'm still "Fading" out, this has been joined by a vomiting some weird material I'm told is "Ectoplasm"
Anna is back to normal, Angel still hates my guys, Mike is still Gun-ho about fighting with me.

So like I said I made a minor breakthrough in training to use my fading out as a power source, we were doing this kind of, odd training, in which he set up a training dummy and had me pantomime trying to cut it  in half. He told me with each swing I need to try and imagine that I am in fact holding a weapon able to cut it.

Well hey trying to cut something with a non-existent sword wasn't working out, who knew right?

The Oracle had me stop, I guess he could tell I wasn't behind it, and then he demonstrated cutting the arm off the dummy with *his* "Imaginary" sword.

He used his willpower, and the power of his connection to the fade, to cut the dummy. 

Well it blew my mind, so I just had to learn to do that, I was to close my eyes, *Grab* the blade I could see in my mind.... He asked me describe the blade, a Silver blade coming to a precise edge, the slight curvature of the Katana, the weight of the blade and how it compared to the weight of the hilt, he wanted me to describe the hilt, made of a white wood material, with blue die wrapping around it, the pommel had the Japanese symbol for "Oni" on it. Because this blade was in my mind, meant to cut demons.

With my eyes closed I gave the weapons a few tentative strikes... he had me imagine, no... not imagine, *believe* that I was holding this sword, believe it will all my heart and soul, I was told to not "Think" this blade was going to strike down the Dummy, I was to *Know* this blade would strike down this dummy.

I swung the blade... and I heard nothing, I knew I was close enough to the dummy to hit it with a real Katana, Dejected I opened my eyes and dropped my hands to my sides, I looked at the oracle who was smiling, he gestured over to the dummy...

Well it wasn't in half on the floor but it had a shallow cut across the chest of it, and I had done that, with a sword that was only real in my head.....

Yeah Mind... Fucking... Blown....


Oh, and to the Federal Agent who offered to help us track down Antonio? I know I told you to fuck off at the time, but since I figured your watching the blog? Fine, I'll let you help us out.










3 comments:

  1. hahaha, perception is key my friend, and you should know not to trap federal people off the internet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm learning this slowly, the perception part not the agent part.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh, but slowly in this line of existence doesn't quite cut it, unfortunately

    ReplyDelete