Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Questionible Methods.

The Oracle has arrived... Okay he arrived earlier today, I had done some light sparing with Anna, who's pulled her self together, were both sparing with a sense of seriousness now that...

Well now that I'm "Dying"...

Let me paint the picture here, Anna was sitting on a couch next to Mike, Anna is wearing some cat-eared Hoody sweater,  Mike is wearing work shirt labeled "Tower lanes" where he used to work, Angel has her shoulder bandaged heavily, and is wearing a white T-shirt, her arm is in a sling.  I'm wearing my normal black tank top and blue jeans, worn and faded from travel and fighting, at today I'm wearing a bandage over my ruined eye, which I'm doing for Angel's sake. All of us are bruised or hurt in someway...

The oracle on the other hand, is wearing pagan monk robes and looks to be older than us all.

For the most part he talks to us about, well the severity of our situation, but he didn't come over to explain the obvious, he pulled me aside for a bit so we could talk.

The oracle was disappointed about me loosing my anchor, to someone who actually wants to kill me no less. "The only good thing is he has to kill you not let you fade out" he said, however he also said that "However too get you strong enough to survive a fight with that proxy, we need months not days to teach you" So we knew the problem.

"We need to find or make a new anchor for you...."

So yeah, how hard could that be, get some rock, bless the shit out of it, call it good right?

The oracle just looked at me... disappointed "The last Object that was strong enough to contain your soul here, was probably one of the most powerful artifacts of the Creature ever discovered, I believe it's binding to you was what caused the disquieting effect that was surrounding you, we really honestly have no chance of finding a new anchor that way..."

I had to ask him, "Then what can we do"

He looked over my shoulder, at the girls "We could create an anchor"....

To my credit, it took about 20 seconds to get that sick to my stomach feeling as it hit what he said "You want me to impregnate one of them?"

The Oracle, dead serious said "Your have no living souls binding you to this world, your father and sister died in that fire, and your brother...."

"I killed him...."

I had to laugh... I mean it was out of my hands, my body demanded I laugh at how stupid this idea was "Well I guess were really properly fucked then, cause I don't think Angel and Mike are going to be on board with this"

The Oracle said "It didn't have to be Angel.... I'm sure the other one could carry a child as well"

Well I stopped laughing with a coughing fit and stammered out "Wait a goddamn second, she's like... 15... that's not going to happen"

"Well back when I'm from, she would be the perfect age to marry off" The oracle said  very deadpan

I had to ask him exactly when that was, his only response was "Well the year of our lord 545", I had to remind him that in 'The year of our lord 2012' the marring age was 18..

O:"Well lets get her opinion on it"
P:"What?"
O:"Lets... Ask... Anna... How she feels about it"
P:"How-about lets not."
O:"Do you want to survive this or not?"
P:"Frankly I choose death good sir!"

We went back and forth like that for a very disturbing amount of time, when the old son of a bitch actually called her over "Child come here we must speak to you"

P:"No we don't"
O:"Don't be shy it's okay"
P:"BY ALL MEANS BE SHY!!!"

.......... So she walked over, probably out of some kind of spite towards me. "Yeah what's up"

O:"Paul needs to impregnate you"
P:"NO I CLEARLY DO NOT!!!"
O:"Paul there really is no other way, it's this or the Fading"
A:"Wha.. What the hell?"
P:"Look I don't care if the hypothetical child contains the cure for cancer in it's blood, I am not knocking anyone up to prevent my death"
A:"I'll do it!"

We both stand there shocked silent

P:"I said no, end of discussion"
A:"This will save your life though right?"
O:"She's right Paul"
P:"No both of you, there's another way, I can get the Black Bokken back from Antonio, and rebind to it"
O:"Paul right now, you don't stand a chance of defeating the this foe"
A:"And I am NOT FUCKING LOSING YOU PAUL!!!"

Anna's words shocked me silent.....

"I know that if you die to Antonio, your love may live, but we don't know if he's being honest, I know were all here now, and were all alive, I want it to stay this way" Anna is tearing up at this point "I don't care what I have to do to keep you alive Paul I'll do it!"

Shocked, Touched, and Sad, I told her to go back to Angel.... and that we'll find another way...

Then I punched the Oracle

"What the fuck is your B plan...."

The Oracle rubbed his jaw, and smiled... "Well there's one good sign to the Fading, as you get closer, and your soul becomes less and less part of this world, your physical body will gain power, and you'll be able to push the laws of the world back farther, as you get close you'll even be able to pull material, weapons, armor, and the like, from your mind, and from the Fade into this world."

So in other wards... the closer I get to the end, the more power I can throw around, in the morning, he's plans on showing me a few basic things, help guide me in a few tricks he's gained in the last well... 1500 years of himself being native to the Fade.....

But that's not all he had to say.....

"Paul.... There is one more thing" he said with a sad look in his eyes.... "It's about your friend Manic Muse"

The rest of that conversation, deserves it's own post... I'll post one about this soon.



No comments:

Post a Comment